Thursday, November 20, 2008

Friday - Free for All!!

Hopefully everyone had a healthy and successful week in regards to exercise and eating habits. I find myself most often being "good" on my diet in the earlier parts of the week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Thursday go by before I start to feel the "let down" of the weekend approaching and slip up. If I have managed to survive Thursday then it is almost guaranteed that by Friday evening I have lost all control! Why is this?

In most households Friday marks the beginning of all the fun things the weekend brings. Daddy's will be home from work for a few days and we can all relax a little. So we should all just eat,drink and celebrate! Right? Not exactly! We have mentioned several times the importance of choosing which events are most important to you and celebrate them. If it's your birthday or other special event don't deprive yourself. A good example of this is a day like Saturday where we have two birthday parties and a baby shower to attend. It would be really easy for me to eat cake and other various junk food items 3 times in one day. I am making my mind up before I go that I will only eat at one party and try to make healthy choices when I do eat. I want to make it through the weekend without totally blowing all my hard work from the week.

My goal is simple...I want to do better then last weekend. I want to start Monday one step closer to my goal rather then starting all over again from scratch. Think about simple ways that you can improve your health habits over the weekends and strive to sneak them in while still having fun.

Written by StrollerFit Featured Blogger: Becky Thomas

No comments: