Friday, September 5, 2008

Food choices for Kids...

With a child that just entered Kindergarten, I've been making lunches for the past 2 weeks. It's tough to find a balance of things to pack that are healthy AND something that your child will eat. Forget the cafeteria, the food choices are endless with most of them not being as healthy as I would like. I'll save the rant on the cafeteria food for another post.

Anyway I found a great book recently called, Eat this, not that for kids by David Zinczenko. This book is really teriffic. It breaks down typical chain restaurants and tells you what you should and should not feed your kids. It also goes through tons of items at your grocery store (with pictures) of what is good and what you should skip out on...most importantly it tells you why. :) It also breaks down food by type and what are the best picks by type of food (Italian etc) and how to make the best choices at restaurants.

It is a great guide and you feel like they are really telling you the truth because many products made by the same company can be found in both the eat this and don't eat this category!

Go take a peek!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My mommy in law has the grown up version of that book... It is a great book. I was surprised by some of the info that I read!

Becca said...

I think I will check this out. I have a hard time thinking of lunches to pack.